This fiesta cream easy chicken recipe can be ready to eat in 30 minutes. It’s basically homemade guacamole on top of Mexican flavored chicken. Easy Peasy. During the past couple of days, I have been thinking non-stop about the best Mexican recipes. So, after a good brainstorming session I came up with this Fiesta Cream Chicken and – oh my gosh – it is almost, almost too good to be true.
Can we please talk about the Fiesta Cream Chicken for a hot second? This is packed with all the Mexican flavors we all know and love + it has that creamy avocado topping. It’s warm, it’s spicy it’s creamy, and it’s all the good things an easy chicken recipe should be.
And then all that deliciousness is served with some extra avocado and an easy peasy lime slaw (cabbage + salt + lime juice), and then you wonder why you haven’t thought of making this before and throw away the menu from that Mexican takeout place because who needs takeout when you have fiesta creamy chicken?
This recipe is really easy and should only take you about 30 minutes, including getting out the ingredients and plating it. You just need a couple of minutes, ingredients you probably already have on hand (especially if you are a Mexican food lover), a couple of sides and you are ready to party (or fiesta!).
The secret is all in the creamy avocado topping. This is a simple guacamole, this is a next level good mix of mashed avocado and cream cheese and a generous pinch of spices. If you haven’t added cream cheese to your guacamole before, you are missing out big time. Not only it makes things creamier, but it also packs your guacamole with an extra layer of flavor.
If you don’t eat cheese, either omit the cream cheese and it will still be a good guacamole, substitute it with a little pico de gallo or make a Paleo cream cheese, such as this one.
This would make a really good dish for the BBQ too. The only change would be to cook it on the grill instead of in the skillet. It’s a good idea for a group of people because people could have the chicken plain (not plain on flavor though) and they could choose which sides they want, such as the slaw, grilled corn and some salads. It’s a fun change compared to BBQ food, like hamburgers and hot dogs and not much harder.
Please let me know if you try this fiesta cream easy chicken recipe and if you do it in the skillet or on the grill.
If you like this easy chicken recipe, you may also like these recipes:Print
I love how simple this fiesta creamed chicken is. You just season chicken and cook it in a skillet or on the grill and while it’s cooking make a creamy guacamole to put over it. A huge bonus is how healthy it is. It’s Paleo, Gluten-Free, Clean Eating and Whole30 approved.
- 1 Pound Chicken Breasts or Chicken Tenders
- 1 tsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Tbl Onion Powder
- To Taste Real Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- 1 Small Avocado
- 1 1/2 Tbl Lime Juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbl Cream Cheese (omit for Paleo and Whole30 or substitute with a Paleo cream cheese, such as the one mentioned above)
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley
Cabbage Side Dish
- 1 cup Grated Red Cabbage
- In a bowl season the chicken with the Mexican seasoning, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Transfer to a pan or skillet and lightly oil the skillet and cook over medium heat on each side for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a bowl place avocado, vinegar, garlic, parsley, 1 Tbl. lime juice, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until creamy.
- When the Mexican chicken is done cooking, spread the creamy guacamole over the chicken.
- Mix the red cabbage with salt and the remaining lime juice and serve on the side.