My 12 year-old son is obsessed with Nintendo and Mario, so when we saw the package of Malt-O-Meal® Marshmallow Mateys at the store, with a chance to win a Nintendo Switch, he begged me to buy the cereal for him. I thought it would be fun to make cookies with the Marshmallow Mateys.
I figured we could take the marshmallows out of the cereal and then put the cereal in the food processor to use in place of some of the flour. Guess what? It actually worked. They turned out really good. There were six children at my house when I pulled them out of the oven, and all of them loved them.
There’s just something about pulling cookies out of the oven that signals family time. There’s probably some subconscious thing in my children’s head that says something like, “Mom loves me enough to make food for me beyond what will keep me alive.”
With over 35 flavors, Malt-O-Meal has something for every taste bud in the family.
My son already has a Nintendo Switch, but he was sure hoping he would win another one. I’m actually quite impressed with the Nintendo Switch myself. My son paid for it himself by taking all his old video game consoles and games, remotes, etc. and trading them in at Game Stop.
He ended up with just enough to buy the Switch and one game. I thought it was a great deal because we got rid of several bags of stuff from the house. And the Switch game cartridges are tiny and the Switch itself is basically just a tablet, so all his video game stuff is taking up way less room in the house.
I love the versatility of the Switch. It can easily go from playing on the TV, to anywhere around the house, or in the car on trips when we don’t have internet. Nintendo Switch combines the power of a home console with the mobility of a handheld. So you get more time to play the games you love, however you like.
The Nintendo Switch comes packaged with the main unit, left and right Joy-Con with a Joy-Con wrist strap for each. Therefore, it’s a multi-player experience right out of the box for your kids/family!
My son pre-ordered Super Mario Odyssey months ago and he can barely wait for it to come out on October 27th. He’s always enjoyed the game, but it sounds like it’s going to be even better now. Here’s more about the game, if you aren’t obsessed, like my son, and already know all the details:
- Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s wedding plans!
- This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game before.
- Thanks to Mario’s new friend, Cappy, you can experience brand-new moves. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
- Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
If you like these Marshmallow Mateys Cookies, you may also like these recipes:Print
White Chocolate Marshmallow Mateys Cookies Recipe
These white chocolate marshmallow mateys cookies are deliciously chewy and full of surprises. You never know what flavor you’ll get in each bite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Easy
- Separate Marshmallow Mateys until you have one cup cereal and 1/2 cup Marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Put just the cereal in the food processor and process until a fine “flour” (will be about half a cup). Set aside.
- Beat butter on medium speed for about one minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Add both sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Cream until mixed well and fluffy.
- Add ground cereal, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low.
- Fold in marshmallows and white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place batter on Silpat-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes until the bottoms begin to turn golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack.
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chips, marshmallow mateys