These parmesan garlic herbs roasted red potatoes take about 5 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to roast. That’s about as easy as you can get. I think they look so pretty but the best part is they taste wonderful. Let them cook until they are a nice golden brown color. I love these, I make them all the time. You could cut them like fries too if you want to. They won’t take quite as long to cook either. You’ll find yourself making them over and over again.
Seriously. My family loves these Roasted Red Potatoes. I first made them for company around Christmas time and then, I was like, “why in the world don’t I make these all the time?” I think they are way easier to make than mashed potatoes and I think they taste way better.
Here are some tips and tricks you may be wondering about:
- You can pretty much use any type of potato for this recipe. I prefer the red potatoes because they are so pretty and they have a more firm texture, which lends itself well to baking. But, really any potato will work. When I was a kid, my mom used to slice russets, coat them with oil and sprinkle the canned Parmesan cheese on them. I hated them, because I hate russet potatoes, but most of my siblings loved them.
- Not all red potatoes are the same size, so just try to get them all the same size, whether that means one inch cubes, cutting them in half or cutting them in fourths. Do them how your family likes them. The smaller the pieces, the faster they will cook. The main trick is just to make sure they are uniform in size so they will all have the same texture.
- You can use the cans of Parmesan cheese. I like the real stuff better, but if you have a can of cheese and like that, go for it. I used to love canned Parmesan cheese growing up, until I tried the real stuff as an adult. Now there’s no going back.
- The lemon flavor is strongest right out of the oven, so if you are eating them later, try squeezing a little fresh lemon over them.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic, garlic powder works fine too and is easier.
- However, I don’t recommend dried parsley. I honestly can never even taste dried parsley, but the fresh parsley on these really helps balance out the lemon and Parmesan. Besides, parsley bunches are really affordable.
I would love to know if you try these roasted red potatoes and what you think of them and if they are a favorite in your family too! Please comment below and let me know.
If you like these roasted red potatoes, you may also like these recipes:
30 Minute Parmesan Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
These roasted red potatoes just take a few minutes to get started and then they spend the rest of the time roasting away to golden perfection!
- 3 lb red potatoes washed and halved
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 c good quality Parseman cheese
- packed 1/2 c fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems chopped fine
- about 1/3 cup extra parsley leaves to finish
Heat the oven to 375. Have a large baking sheet ready.
Place the halved potatoes in a large bowl.
Spray the baking sheet with nonstick or brush it with oil and arrange the potatoes on it cut-side down.
Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the potatoes. Return them to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the cut-sides are golden brown.
Toss with the extra parsley leaves and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.